Admissions Years 7-11
Thank you for considering Salesian College for your son’s secondary education. We know that selecting the best possible school for your son is an important process, and the Admissions team is committed to making your family’s experience an enjoyable one.
We invite you and your son to come and visit the College individually or at one of our Open Days. For Year 5 boys experience what life is really like at Salesian College by attending our Year 5 Taster Day in the Summer Term.
Registration and Admissions Procedure for Years 7-11
The normal age for entry to Salesian College is 11. Boys may be admitted at other times provided that a vacancy exists. Parents or guardians may register their sons at any time but by 27 November at the latest before the year of intended entry. Applications from girls are warmly invited for a place in the Salesian College Co-educational Sixth Form.
Details and applications forms for entry at any stage are available on request from the Admissions Secretary, Mrs Reeve, contactable at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The telephone number for the College Reception is 01252 893000.
- When are your Open Days?
- What is the College's Admission criteria?
- Do you accept students in to Years 8 and 9?
- My son is in Year 6, what should I do next?
- My son is in Year 5, what should I do next?
- When is the Year 5 Taster Day?
- My son is in Year 4 or under, what should I do next?
- Is there a Bursary Process I can apply for?
- What is the College's typical academic entry profile?
- Is there any setting in subjects at Salesian College?
- Which areas do students come from to attend Salesian College?
A separate Sixth Form Prospectus is available upon request. Applications should be submitted to the College by the end of November. Following an interview with the Headmaster and/or Deputy Headteachers, offers will be made in the Spring term.
Successful candidates will be provisionally offered a place, subject to satisfactory GCSE grades being achieved. A minimum qualification of six 6s and a 6 or 7 grade in the intended A Level subjects are required at GCSE. Induction days will be held in the Summer term for both external and internal prospective Sixth Form students.
Click here for further information about our Sixth Form.