Admissions Years 7-11
Thank you for considering Salesian College for your son’s secondary education. We know that selecting the best possible school for your son is an important process, and the Admissions team is committed to making your family’s experience an enjoyable one.
We invite you and your son to come to visit the College individually or on one of our Open Days. Year 5 boys may experience what life is really like at Salesian College by attending our Year 5 Taster Day in the Summer Term.
Registration and Admissions Procedure for Years 7-11
The normal age for entry to Salesian College is 11. Boys may be admitted at other times provided that a vacancy exists. Parents or guardians may register their sons at any time but no later than 16 November in the year before intended entry.
Applications of interest should be made via the online registration facility. Any applications for years 8 - 11 should be accompanied by an email to the Admissions Secretary at the address below. Thank you.
Further additional information can be obtained by contacting the Admissions Secretary at email@example.com.
- When are your Open Days?
- What are the College's Admission criteria?
- Do you accept students in to Years 8 and 9?
- My son is in Year 6, what should I do next?
- My son is in Year 5, what should I do next?
- When is the Year 5 Taster Day?
- My son is in Year 4 or under, what should I do next?
- Is there a Bursary Process I can apply for?
- What is the College's typical academic entry profile?
- Is there any setting in subjects at Salesian College?
- Which areas do students come from to attend Salesian College?
A separate Sixth Form Prospectus is available upon request. Applications should be submitted to the College by the end of November. Following an interview with the Headmaster and/or Deputy Headteachers, offers will be made in the Spring term.
Successful candidates will be provisionally offered a place, subject to satisfactory GCSE grades being achieved. Candidates are expected to achieve a minimum of six GCSE qualifications at grade 6, including a minimum of grade 6 in the subjects they intend to study at A Level. All candidates must achieve a minimum of GCSE grade 4 in both English and Mathematics. Induction days will be held in the Summer term for both external and internal prospective Sixth Form students.
Click here for further information about our Sixth Form.