Thank you for your interest in working at Salesian College. We currently have the following vacancy:
Required for September 2020
HEAD OF COMPUTING - Job Description Closing date: Wednesday 19 February 2020
Further details about the position are available from Mr Nicholas Crean, Deputy Headmaster. Tel: 01252 893000 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Salesian College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including references from past employers and an Enhanced DBS check.
Benefits of Teaching at Salesian College
- The College has its own competitive pay scale and remains committed to continued membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- A steadily-growing number on roll, which has stabilised at what is considered ‘capacity’. Places are academically-selected and over-subscribed with waiting lists for most year groups
- Small classes (2019-20 Year 10 average class size is 16, Year 12 average class size is 11)
- Excellent academic attainment. Highest performing all-boys school in Hampshire at GCSE 2019. (73.2% 9-6 at GCSE, over 90% A*-C at A level in 2019).
- College rated as ‘Excellent’ (the highest level) in all 8 areas of ISI inspection October 2014
- Generous teaching allocations (max. 19/25 periods)
- Opportunity to work within a Salesian education establishment in which high standards of discipline are expected and upheld and which has a long-standing reputation for outstanding ethos and pastoral care
- Well-resourced academic departments which are engaged with developing Teaching & Learning in their subjects
- Opportunity to contribute to working groups to develop whole-school issues e.g. timetable, digital learning, PSHE etc.
- Well-supported professional development opportunities (part-funded further studies etc.)
- Encouragement and support to engage in CPD at all levels, from staff-led twilight sessions to higher academic degrees
- Shorter terms and 17 weeks holiday per year
- Free meals and refreshments throughout the school day and allocated staff car-parking on site
- All teaching staff are issued with an iPad Pro and an Apple pencil for teaching and learning use throughout their time at the College
- A friendly and supportive staffroom environment with active Staffroom Committee
- Staff-focussed annual Professional Review cycle
- Opportunities to support school activities including extensive travel e.g. USA, Zambia, France, Spain, Greece, Italy, Iceland etc.
- 50% staff reduction on fees for children attending the College
- An attractive campus/ pleasant working environment
- On-going commitment by the Governing body to further enhance the premises, accommodation and facilities (in excess of £3 million in the last 4 years).