Thank you for your interest in working at Salesian College. We currently have no vacancies.
Benefits of Teaching at Salesian College
- The College has its own competitive pay scale and remains committed to continued membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- A steadily-growing number on roll, which has stabilised at what is considered ‘capacity’. Places are academically-selected and over-subscribed with waiting lists for most year groups
- Small classes (2019-20 Year 10 average class size is 16, Year 12 average class size is 11)
- Excellent academic attainment. Highest performing all-boys school in Hampshire at GCSE 2019. (73.2% 9-6 at GCSE, over 90% A*-C at A level in 2019).
- College rated as ‘Excellent’ (the highest level) in all 8 areas of ISI inspection October 2014
- Generous teaching allocations (max. 19/25 periods)
- Opportunity to work within a Salesian education establishment in which high standards of discipline are expected and upheld and which has a long-standing reputation for outstanding ethos and pastoral care
- Well-resourced academic departments which are engaged with developing Teaching & Learning in their subjects
- Opportunity to contribute to working groups to develop whole-school issues e.g. timetable, digital learning, PSHE etc.
- Well-supported professional development opportunities (part-funded further studies etc.)
- Encouragement and support to engage in CPD at all levels, from staff-led twilight sessions to higher academic degrees
- Shorter terms and 17 weeks holiday per year
- Free meals and refreshments throughout the school day and allocated staff car-parking on site
- All teaching staff are issued with an iPad Pro and an Apple pencil for teaching and learning use throughout their time at the College
- A friendly and supportive staffroom environment with active Staffroom Committee
- Staff-focussed annual Professional Review cycle
- Opportunities to support school activities including extensive travel e.g. USA, Zambia, France, Spain, Greece, Italy, Iceland etc.
- 50% staff reduction on fees for children attending the College
- An attractive campus/ pleasant working environment
- On-going commitment by the Governing body to further enhance the premises, accommodation and facilities (in excess of £3 million in the last 4 years).